Placement or other work experience? Search for vacancies on TARGETjobs where you can also find advice and employer reviews.
First steps – look at LawCareers.Net Starting Out hub:
- First-year law students All the information you need in your first year, from how to develop commercial awareness to work experience opportunities at law firms.
- Non-law students Covers everything you need to know about the conversion course (GDL), transferable skills from different degrees, and valuable work experience opportunities.
- The Beginner’s Guide to a Career in Law Clear and accessible advice on the basic structure of a legal career and how to achieve it.
Spend 19 months of language study, work placement and homestay in Japan, giving you the framework to acquire Japanese language skills and access expertise and knowledge relevant to your career goals. You will also be able to network with decision-makers in your field. The Scholarship covers tuition costs and living expenses.
You must be:
- a British citizen
- a graduate or due to graduate
Apply by Thursday 7 December 2017. You can find full information and apply at www.dajf.org.uk.
There are 20 part-time paid internships on offer – the Mayor’s Entrepreneur Internship. If you’re a current university student based in London it’s a great opportunity for to gain work-based skills in a local government environment.
Interns will get the chance to:
- help to run the Mayor’s Entrepreneur competition
- help to shape the competition to reflect the needs of London’s students
- assist in promoting the competition to students and staff at London’s Higher and Further Education institutions
- be the main point of contact for volunteer student ambassadors.
The closing date for applications is 20 September 2017. Find out more information and apply.
Make the most of it! Some tips in a Guardian article should give you an idea of what to do before and while you’re working as an intern or out on placement.
BUNAC provide worldwide working adventures in the form of internships, giving you
the chance to enhance your employability and gain valuable industry experience, we offer a range of overseas internship opportunities.
You will be based in Vancouver, British Columbia for 1-6 months, with opportunities in Event Management, Office Administration, Social Work and more.
Nationwide opportunities in Business, Human Resources, Science and Law, living and working in the States for 1-18 months. You can opt for one of two packages: a ‘self-placement’ programme, pro-actively sourcing your own internship, or a ‘full-placement’ programme, where BUNAC source an internship for you in New York or Chicago. The ‘full-placement’ programme is fully-supported, with accommodation, in-country support, social events and career progression events included.
Opportunities in established industries such as Communications, Travel and Tourism, Hospitality and Architecture. Internships are available for 1-6 months in both countries.