Make the most of it! Some tips in a Guardian article should give you an idea of what to do before and while you’re working as an intern or out on placement.
BUNAC provide worldwide working adventures in the form of internships, giving you
the chance to enhance your employability and gain valuable industry experience, we offer a range of overseas internship opportunities.
You will be based in Vancouver, British Columbia for 1-6 months, with opportunities in Event Management, Office Administration, Social Work and more.
Nationwide opportunities in Business, Human Resources, Science and Law, living and working in the States for 1-18 months. You can opt for one of two packages: a ‘self-placement’ programme, pro-actively sourcing your own internship, or a ‘full-placement’ programme, where BUNAC source an internship for you in New York or Chicago. The ‘full-placement’ programme is fully-supported, with accommodation, in-country support, social events and career progression events included.
Opportunities in established industries such as Communications, Travel and Tourism, Hospitality and Architecture. Internships are available for 1-6 months in both countries.
Take a look at STEP – a twelve month paid internship where you will be paired with two east London creative organisations to gain experience in diverse areas of the industry. If successful you will undertake two six month internships.
The basics: you will need to be:
- Resident in one of these East London boroughs: Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham and Waltham Forest.
- 18-30 year olds
- Ambitious to work in the arts and creative industries
Contracts start from October 2017. Full information at www.createjobslondon.org/training-and-events/training-programmes/step.
Application deadline: 31 August 2017
Just graduated? How about spending eight weeks in China in autumn 2017?
Learn Mandarin and take up a five-week internship placement in an industry sector of your choice with the Generation UK – China Autumn Language & Internship Programme!
There are 30 funded places for eligible graduates in Chengdu and Qingdao, a chance to get ahead and boost your employability and cross-cultural awareness. Check out the other opportunities if you’re not able to apply for this Programme.
Submit your application by 31 July 2017 at 23:59 PM (BST). Find out more…
Follow the journey’s of this year’s participants on Instagram and get inspired!
We are an experienced boutique law firm specialized in English and international family law located in Central London. As part of a recent marketing strategy, we are currently looking for dedicated law students with a good knowledge of current affairs to write articles for our website. Every article uploaded onto our website will be compensated accordingly (between £20 /£30 per article uploaded).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Write articles based on the current affairs for publication on the website
Essential skills & Requirements:
- Must be a law student with a good knowledge of current affairs and current laws
- Must be creative and enjoy creative content
- Should be active on social media with an understanding of what is popular
- Should be self-learning and improving as marketing changes quickly
- Must enjoy research and analysing content
- Must have the ability to work independently and work well with team members
- Must have good command of written English
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working closely with a reputable law firm in central London and experienced solicitors
- You will be able to improve your legal writing skills and have your articles published on a law firm’s website
- This position does not have a duration period as it is an ongoing position at your convenience: start and finish when you want
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com
Open for entries – Kick-start your automotive career! The deadline for entries is 5pm on 29 August 2017
The 2017 Next Generation Award has launched. We’re giving you the chance to win an six-month work experience placement shared across our sponsors Honda, Jaguar Land Rover, McLaren, Horiba Mira, Nissan, and Toyota as well as a £9000 cash prize.
This invaluable opportunity to get your foot in the door with some of the world’s leading car manufacturers and developers is open to anyone aged 17-25 with an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive industry.
So what do I have to do?
Describe an original idea or innovation that could improve the UK automotive industry. The idea should fall into one of five categories – Mobility, Connectivity, Sustainability, Customer Experience or Marketing and Communications. For more information visit http://www.autocar.co.uk/nextgenerationaward
Previous Award winners and finalists have used this opportunity as a platform to kick-start their careers within the industry so what have you got to lose? Good luck!