PostgraduateStudentships PhD Funding Fair 2017
4 December 2017
Central London – Venue to be advised to successful applicants only
- Dedicated event focusing on the needs of potential PhD students
- Face-to-face opportunity to discuss your PhD plans and aspirations
- Meet over 20 high quality Universities with PhD funding to offer
- Chat to current PhD students about their experience of looking for and being a PhD student in our unique and ever popular PhD Student Peer to Peer Advice Room
- Attend talks on how to apply for a PhD and funding
Specialist Subject Sessions: The Fair is divided into two subject Sessions:
The Morning Session covers PhD funding in the Arts and Humanities, Law, Management and Social Sciences.
The Afternoon Session covers PhD funding across the range of Science and Engineering subjects.
As this is a specialist Fair, and we have limited spaces in both the morning and afternoon Sessions, you will need to have applied, been accepted, and have received a personal invitation to the Fair, in order to attend.
Free to attend, but you should apply sooner rather than later as places are limited. Register – www.postgraduatestudentships.co.uk/postgraduatestudentships-phd-funding-fair
focuses on the scientific community, specifically the life sciences, the physical sciences and medicine. It’s aimed at early career stage researchers, PhD students and post-docs.
Key features include the conference, exhibitors from global scientific organisations of research, practical workshops, and career development opportunities.
4 October 2017
Business Design Centre, London
Take a look at these – annual £5,000 scholarships + a number of smaller awards in any subject from:
Applications opened in May.
Find out more about funding:
These resources on jobs.ac.uk may help you to decide:
- PhD Video Blogs: Get a real insight into life as a PhD student
Short films of PhD students at various stages of their PhD and locations around the world. The vlogs, or video blogs, will cover everything from starting a PhD, moving abroad to do a PhD, finding funding opportunities to viva preparation and finding your first academic job.
- Postgraduate Options – Is a PhD for me?
A 60-minute live online video event with a group of expert panelists who shared their insights and top tips on doing a PhD, the routes to doing a doctorate, how to find PhD opportunities and how to compose a good application.
- PhD career ebooks and toolkits
hould I do a PhD?; Career planning for PhDs; 10 Career paths for PhDs
Then take a look at Vitae:
- Find the Vitae resources most relevant to you by visiting our routemaps
- Make the most of professional development opportunities, and create new ones with the PDP ROC
- Learn the basics of research: Read our pages on ‘Becoming a researcher’, ‘Language of research’, ‘Typical milestones’…
Watch our recorded Q&A: “How to make a successful start in research”
Check out Should I do a PhD? – an e-book from Jobs.ac.uk that focuses on using career decision-making approaches rather than on the choice of research topic.
You can find other useful resources here, and you’re welcome to come in and talk it through with a careers consultant.