Are you looking for an internship and like the thought of China as a destination? The good news is that the University will provide a travel bursary for L1 and L2 students to get there. However, the program is open to all students.
InternChina are coming on campus at 2:00pm on Monday 23 October 2017 to tell you more about their program. You’ll also have the chance to meet Brunel students who took part in the program last year! You must register to attend at http://bit.ly/2y1yhXU.
- Get an insight into modern China
- Gain valuable work experience
- Learning Mandarin Chinese, and
- Discover traditional Chinese culture.
Also check out the Generation UK – China programme in partnership with the British Council who offer several other programs for working and studying abroad.
There are 20 part-time paid internships on offer – the Mayor’s Entrepreneur Internship. If you’re a current university student based in London it’s a great opportunity for to gain work-based skills in a local government environment.
Interns will get the chance to:
- help to run the Mayor’s Entrepreneur competition
- help to shape the competition to reflect the needs of London’s students
- assist in promoting the competition to students and staff at London’s Higher and Further Education institutions
- be the main point of contact for volunteer student ambassadors.
The closing date for applications is 20 September 2017. Find out more information and apply.
GoinGlobal is a career and employment resource for jobs and internships and abroad, including study abroad pre-departure information. To help you get the most out of GoinGlobal you can attend an online training webinar by registering at Student Training Registration:
- 7, 13, 21 September 2017
- 10, 18, 24 October 2017
The GoinGlobal homepage gives dates of future sessions.
- View GoinGlobal on any mobile device with a new responsive site design
- Receive instant updates on new job listings and internship opportunities matching your search criteria if you set up a Personal Account. A “My GoinGlobal” account also provides a customised career experience, allowing you to bookmark and save content and resources of interest.
- Experience GoinGlobal in more than 50 languages with an automatic translation feature
Please join us for an upcoming training session to learn how GoinGlobal can fast track your career goals.
Make the most of it! Some tips in a Guardian article should give you an idea of what to do before and while you’re working as an intern or out on placement.
Take a look at STEP – a twelve month paid internship where you will be paired with two east London creative organisations to gain experience in diverse areas of the industry. If successful you will undertake two six month internships.
The basics: you will need to be:
- Resident in one of these East London boroughs: Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham and Waltham Forest.
- 18-30 year olds
- Ambitious to work in the arts and creative industries
Contracts start from October 2017. Full information at www.createjobslondon.org/training-and-events/training-programmes/step.
Application deadline: 31 August 2017
Spend two months next year interning in an industry of your choice – choose from six locations and over 15 industry sectors. Funding
covers all internship placement fees, accommodation, comprehensive travel insurance, business and cultural activities, as well as airport pick-up and support throughout your placement.
Open to current undergraduates and recent graduate it’s a great opportunity to get work experience in a different culture. Find out more …
If you’re looking for a summer internship read this article on the efinancial careers website about one student’s experience of working as a campus ambassador for an investment bank and the possible ‘rewards’.