At Rolls-Royce, we collect and analyse vast quantities of data every day. We use this data to generate insights to improve the way our aviation customers plan and manage their operations. But this only happens is our customers can understand these insights. Our challenge is to present the intelligence hidden in the data in a user-friendly way.
That’s why we’ve launched the Data Storytelling Challenge. Working with a data set we give you for a fictional airline, we want you to create a visualisation that tells a complex data story. It doesn’t matter if you’re an engineer, an artist, a computer scientist, a mathematician or a languages student. As long as you can find an interesting and engaging way to visualise data, we want to hear from you.
If you win, you’ll join us for an internship to turn your idea into reality. And if that goes well, it could just be the start of your relationship with Rolls-Royce.
Are you up for the challenge? Visit: careers.rolls-royce.com/dsc to find out more. The Competition closes: 26 January 2018.
‘How to answer common internship interview questions‘ on the TARGETjobs website should give you some pointers and to express why you want the job and how you’re a good fit for the team and organisation.
You can always make an appointment to talk to a Careers Consultant or Placement Adviser about your upcoming interview. They can also offer a practice interview. Book at www.brunel.ac.uk/pdc-appointments.
First year students – Brunel is offering the chance for over 100 students to go on paid eight week internships over the summer break.
The Widening Participation Summer Internship Scheme is open for all eligible Home UK/EU students who are in the first year of their degree.
These internships cover a wide range of areas, and are paid at a rate of £9.15 an hour, tax and national insurance free.
If you are interested, apply here before 15 December 3017: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9S7MMT6
If you would like to apply but need some more information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking for an internship and like the thought of China as a destination? The good news is that the University will provide a travel bursary for L1 and L2 students to get there. However, the program is open to all students.
Find out more about the InternChina program.
- Get an insight into modern China
- Gain valuable work experience
- Learning Mandarin Chinese, and
- Discover traditional Chinese culture.
Also check out the Generation UK – China programme in partnership with the British Council who offer several other programs for working and studying abroad.
There are 20 part-time paid internships on offer – the Mayor’s Entrepreneur Internship. If you’re a current university student based in London it’s a great opportunity for to gain work-based skills in a local government environment.
Interns will get the chance to:
- help to run the Mayor’s Entrepreneur competition
- help to shape the competition to reflect the needs of London’s students
- assist in promoting the competition to students and staff at London’s Higher and Further Education institutions
- be the main point of contact for volunteer student ambassadors.
The closing date for applications is 20 September 2017. Find out more information and apply.
GoinGlobal is a career and employment resource for jobs and internships and abroad, including study abroad pre-departure information. To help you get the most out of GoinGlobal you can attend an online training webinar by registering at Student Training Registration:
- 7, 13, 21 September 2017
- 10, 18, 24 October 2017
The GoinGlobal homepage gives dates of future sessions.
- View GoinGlobal on any mobile device with a new responsive site design
- Receive instant updates on new job listings and internship opportunities matching your search criteria if you set up a Personal Account. A “My GoinGlobal” account also provides a customised career experience, allowing you to bookmark and save content and resources of interest.
- Experience GoinGlobal in more than 50 languages with an automatic translation feature
Please join us for an upcoming training session to learn how GoinGlobal can fast track your career goals.
Make the most of it! Some tips in a Guardian article should give you an idea of what to do before and while you’re working as an intern or out on placement.