Require a research grant?

Canon Foundation in Europe offer research grants to highly qualified European

researchers who have obtained at least a master’s degree within the last 10 years for research in Japan.  Fellowships last three months to one year, and are open to students from any discipline.

Find out more informationClosing date for applications: 15 September 2017

Frank Knox Fellowships 2016-17

Would you like to study at postgraduate programme usflag_fulbrightin the USA?   The Frank Knox Fellowships provide full-funding to enable British citizens who are graduates of British universities to undertake graduate study at all the schools at Harvard University. In addition to applying for a Fellowship, you will have to make a separate and independent application to the programme(s) of your choice. A Frank Knox Fellowship carries no guarantee of admission.  You must be a British citizen when you apply, and normally resident in the UK.

NC3Rs funding schemes

The National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs) is an independent scientific organisation. Tasked by Government, they support the UK science base by driving and funding innovation and technological developments that replace or reduce the need for animals in research and testing, and lead to improvements in welfare where animals continue to be used.’

‘They have awarded grants across a range of disciplines including physiology, pharmacology, neurosciences, immunology, toxicology and cancer biology.’

Scholarship / fellowship opportunities within the Commonwealth

The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission offer awards under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) to citizens of the United Kingdom.  Citizens of other Commonwealth countries should check with the nominating body in their own country as to whether they can apply for these awards (see for details).

Further information on all Commission awards can be found at and by emailing