This article on the eFinancialCareers site looks at some psychological tricks you could employ to make banks hire you.
An article on the MyPlus Students’ Club website giving application advice – 3 steps to achieving disability confidence with talent managers from Enterprise Rent-A-Car – makes an interesting read.
Check out this article on the Raindance site giving useful tips – Your first 100 days as a filmmaker.
Apple’s 11 rules for success for new employees: These rules were shared on reddit by Huxley Dunsany, who was once a Solutions Consultant at Apple.
‘New starters got a card with 11 tips for success from John Brandon, Vice-President of Sales in the US & Pacific.
1. Let go of the old, make the most of the future.
2. Always tell the truth, we want to hear the bad news sooner than later
3. The highest level of integrity is expected, when in doubt, ask
4. Learn to be a good businessperson, not just a good salesperson
5. Everyone sweeps the floor
6. Be professional in your style, speech and follow-up
7. Listen to the customer, they almost always get it right
8. Create win/win relationships with our partners
9. Look out for each other, sharing information is a good thing
10. Don’t take yourself too seriously
11. Have fun, otherwise it’s not worth it’
Got a creative slump, can’t find the words? Find steps to help you unblock your creativity on the Raindance website.
Make the most of it! Some tips in a Guardian article should give you an idea of what to do before and while you’re working as an intern or out on placement.
Try something a little different…
An article on the Raindance site gives some top tips for planning a crowdfunding campaign. Whatever your aim, others have been successful in achieving their targets, so give it a try!