TfL are looking for developers to design an accessible travel app. Can you create an app offering users real-time information in London? Apply online by Friday 30 August 2013. Remember to read the terms and conditions!
- Students with Disabilities: 12 July
- Women in IT: 19 July
- Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic Students: 24 July
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Students: 7 August
- Women: 16 August
- First Year students who want to learn more about the Bank and are interested in applying for the 2014 Internship Programmes: 17 July
Find out more and apply. Closing date 5:00pm, 7 June 2013
Humans Invent in partnership with Sharp are offering the opportunity to win a paid internship at Sharp Laboratories of Europe in Oxford. It’s the European Research and Development arm for Sharp, responsible for cutting edge innovations like mobile LCD technology, smart cards, DualView, the ‘lab in the palm of your hand’ and many more that have helped solve a genuine human need. Find them on Twitter…
The Awards support pioneering work in:
- applied technology
- cultural heritage
- exploration and discovery, and
- science and health
Although projects may be submitted in any area of activity as long as they have the potential to bring benefits for humanity. You can find out more about the Awards and see what past winners have achieved at www.rolexawards.com.
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2013
International Citizen Service (ICS) offers you the chance to use the knowledge and skills from your course to help fight global poverty, whilst also developing valuable skills for employment. ICS is the UK’s leading global volunteering programme that supports young people from all backgrounds to make a real difference to global poverty. Funded by the Department for International Development, we’re building a generation of global citizens.
Restless Development is the youth-led development agency. We know that young people have the energy, commitment and skills to solve some of the world’s biggest problems.
- WHAT On a 12-week placement, you’ll work with young people on exciting and valuable programmes. You could be:
- Part of a business enterprise programme, supporting young people to develop the skills needed to run their own business
- Running dance4life workshops, which involve using dance and music to raise awareness of HIV and AIDS
- Running fun and interactive careers fairs for young people
- Running computer training sessions for young people who have limited access to IT equipment
Check out the technology ecosystem in East London
The Guide has been created in partnership with The BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT. Take a look at the rest of the site to find jobs, internships and placements.
The 2012 Young Entrepreneurs Festival (YouTube) on 17 and 18 September 2012, organised by The Tech City Investment Organisation, in partnership with the Creative Pioneers Can-Start programme of the IPA and Metro, and supported by ad:tech London, brought together 70 of the brightest aspiring young entrepreneurs to compete for a chance to pitch to angel investors and potentially raise seed funding for their business idea.
Follow them @TjobsIT for industry news and careers advice, jobs and deadline alerts
Sign up to receive Graduate Pulse, the new email newsletter from New Scientist Jobs for students or those who have recently graduated. Each fortnight it features:
- Careers advice & top tips
- The latest graduate science jobs
- Current further study opportunities
- Featured employers who are recruiting
Love PAC-MAN? Hear a Guardian panel of experts (Thursday 2 August 2012) discussing how you can secure your dream job in the video games industry
Find out about Europe Technology careers for graduates
- Graduate opportunities
Intrigued? Then read this article in the technology section of the Wall Street Journal
The Cyber Security Challenge UK Competitions are being developed by leading companies, on topics that reflect important cyber security skills. The UK needs more talented people in all of these areas. We have some of the best talent from our sponsors companies putting their minds to devious and challenging competition ideas! Just register your details and we will tell you when there is a new competition.
IAESTE provides paid course-related global work experience opportunities for science and engineering UK undergraduates for 6-16 weeks during the summer in your specialised field, upskilling you for work in a global economy and sharing research perspectives worldwide. Iaeste placements are:
- Watch the video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMM94DCeyI
Check out the Developer blog on The Guardian
Find out what was said at these Q&A sessions when questions were put to a panel of industry experts