Study Options Open Days are taking place across the UK on
- 3 June – Edinburgh
- 4 June – Manchester
- 5 June – Birmingham
- 6 June – Bristol, and
- 7 June - London
You’ll have the chance to talk to representatives from both Australian and New Zealand universities so you’ll be able to find out about the programmes, universities, scholarships and application process. You will also be able to talk to Study Options staff if you have any questions.
Find out more at http://www.studyoptionsopendays.com/.
Students from all disciplines are welcome to attend BUT… you must have a positive interest in CIMA and the career opportunities offered by their employer partners that come with it. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest, putting CIMA Assessment Centre Day as the subject of your email. Tell us:
- In no more than 50 words what you think you will gain from attending this session
- The course you are studying, and
- Your contact details including a mobile number
Details of the scheme and how to apply are at www.raeng.org.uk/aeromsc, together with the full list of eligible MSc programmes. The main criterion for the award will be the candidate’s motivation and commitment to a career in UK aerospace, and it is open to:.
- clients considering further study to MSc, and those already holding the offer of a place
- engineering students who will graduate in 2013
- graduates in maths, physics or a related STEM discipline who wish to enter the aerospace sector.
You should apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered in the order in which they are received and the competition will close once the quota is reached.
If you’re thinking about taking a Master’s course it makes sense to attend open days. It will give you a chance to talk to Course Directors and current students and find out whether you like the university’s culture/environment:
Interested in taking a postgraduate course next year but struggling to find the money? For the second year running, TARGETcourses is giving away five bursaries of £2,000 to help pay your fees for a postgraduate course at a UK university in 2013/14.
To enter you will need to be registered with TARGETcourses.
Closing date for bursary applications: 30 June 2013.
Watch our postgraduate study in the US webinar.
Postgraduate Study in the US Information
Fulbright’s advising team is the official source of information on US higher education for the UK. Visit www.fulbright.org.uk for a step-by-step guide to applying to US universities.
For more information about Postgraduate Study in the US visit: www.fulbright.org.uk/study-in-the-usa/postgraduate-study
It stands for Quick Query, and you can find out more here
Focuses on the international relations field, but also touches on defence, security, foreign policy, development and intelligence, and includes job opportunities, internships, postgraduate funding opportunities, fellowships, calls for papers etc.
Subscribe by sending an email to email@example.com with Subscribe – Opportunities in the Subject field
London events newsletter:
Produced monthly it details events in central London that are open to the public and relate to politics, international relations, government policy, development, finance, law and economics.
Subscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subscribe – Events in the Subject field
- Subject specific careers advice for scientists
- Graduate jobs
- Further study opportunities
- Ten things you should never ask out loud but should know the answers to
Graduating next year?
- Want some help with your job search
- Considering postgrad study?
- Still thinking about what you want to do?
- Totally lost and no ideas?
- Know what you want to do but don’t know how to achieve it?
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) offer a range of scholarships and awards:
- Whitworth Scholarship Awards Scheme (all engineering disciplines):
- Whitworth Scholarship Awards for undergraduate studies, normally an MEng or postgraduate masters degree.
- Whitworth Senior Scholarship Awards for postgraduate study for a PhD or EngD degree.
- IMechE Undergraduate Scholarships (IMechE Accredited Degrees only).
- IMechE Postgraduate Scholarships
- Postgraduate Masters Scholarships leading to the award of an IMechE accredited postgraduate masters degree.
- Postgraduate Research Scholarships leading to the award of a doctorate.
The information and advice on motivations for doing postgraduate research, how to manage your research and yourself, and how to develop on the Vitae site may help you to reach a decision.
Applying for postgrad study and not sure what you should put in your personal statement? Take a look at these resources, put together a draft, and get it reviewed by a Careers Consultant.
PhD / Research applications and proposals