Part of the MCM London Comic Con
24-26 May 2013
Excel London – Royal Victoria Dock
- Games @ Expo is the place to see and play current and upcoming games
- Comic Villages offers an opportunity to meet comic creators, artists and small press a unique fusion for Comic creators and sequential art goodness with both new and experienced talent
- MCM Fringe Festival
- VidFestUK Do you Love online video, Creators, Viewers, Fans, Bloggers, Web Series of all kinds?
Confessions of the Recruitment Industry – 1 May 2012
Jedi Knight? Geek? Hacker?
Check out www.adaptris.com/graduates and enter a competition to win a VW Camper Van Tent or £100 Amazon vouchers!
- Interact with employers directly and apply to jobs in the Middle East from anywhere in the world
- Apply on the spot to jobs or just leave CV in “CV drop” corners.
The Middle East Virtual Job Fair from Bayt.com is online from 26-30 May. The Hospitality Virtual Job Fair is accessible from 2-6 June.
If you’re a Graduate looking for a Trainee Recruiter role you may like to attend the Recruitment Careers Expo – 2013
- Thursday 23 May – Manchester – Etihad Stadium
- Thursday 20 June – Bristol – Brunel’s Old Station
- Thursday 18 July – London – Emirates Stadium
- Thursday 12 September – Birmingham – Edgbaston Cricket Ground
- Thursday 10 October – Leeds – Town Hall
- Thursday 7 November – Edinburgh – Murrayfield
Why attend the exhibition?
- This is an opportunity to save time by seeing the recruiting organisations and Rec2Rec’s face-to-face, give them a copy of your CV and discuss current opportunities
- You can also view the vacancies that they are looking to fill (national and international) prior to Expo on the RecruitmentCareersExpo website: you can then book to see the exhibitor on a one-to-one basis to discuss the role in more detail
- Exhibitors will be running seminars throughout the day
May Fayre – a three day training extravaganza for anyone who works or would like to work in the voluntary sector.
-23 May 2013
DSC’s (Directory for Social Change) Charity Centre, London
Choose from over 50 individual training workshops on a range of topics related to for as little as £25 when booking more than 4 workshops! View the session timetables
Take a look at these tips on the CAREEREALISM (US) website.
31 May-2 June 2013
Sywell Aerodrome, Northampton
Find out more. These events give you the chance to make contacts and network.
You are invited to attend a unique job hunting event on Thursday 23 May for final year students and recent graduates. Join us at the Park Campus in Cheltenham for a confidence boosting afternoon of training and encounters which will kick-start your graduate job search.
- Starting with: a free buffet lunch with alumni from University of Gloucestershire – talk to our former graduates about what they have gone on to do
- Continuing with: a series of workshop sessions which will equip you with the know-how you need to job hunt successfully
- Ending with: the opportunity to speed network with a broad range of graduate employers offering real opportunities… (don’t worry, you will get training on how to do this beforehand!)
Book your place at www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/5900694135/website#
- Students with Disabilities: 12 July
- Women in IT: 19 July
- Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic Students: 24 July
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Students: 7 August
- Women: 16 August
- First Year students who want to learn more about the Bank and are interested in applying for the 2014 Internship Programmes: 17 July
Find out more and apply. Closing date 5:00pm, 7 June 2013
P1 Marine Foundation, a UK-based international charity focused on safeguarding and restoring the marine environment, has launched the National Student Awards which recognise and reward students who are working on, or who have developed, an outstanding project in the marine and environmental field with the potential to have a positive and sustainable impact.
The Awards are open to all students and the deadline is 31 July 2013, with winners being announced at an Awards evening in London in October. For more information or to enter please visit: www.p1marinefoundation.com/Awards.ink.
Intrigued? Then read this article on the Career Realism site…
Have a look at JustLondonJobs - this is a website dedicated to advertising jobs in London from a number of recruitment agencies and employers in the capital.
Browse the jobs by local borough, by job category or by company, upload your CV and register with the ‘Jobs by email’ service to receive job alerts.
Well, maybe 15 minutes! Why not indulge in a one-to-one chat with a careers consultant? Just enough time for a CV/application check or to think about where your degree will or will not take you unless you get relevant experience in the workplace. Or maybe something else entirely.
Interested in travelling and teaching English abroad but not sure of what training you need? TEFL/CELTA is for you! CELTA is an initial qualification for people with little or no previous teaching experience and is one of the most popular of its kind.
- Gain a highly recognised and prestigious qualification
- Use the Cambridge TEFL certificate to see the World
Contact: Paddy McCann, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01895 85 3478, or Marta Knill, email@example.com, 01895 85 3478
Here are some links that may help you find jobs in the voluntary sector:
- Charity Connections Recruitment specialists for the charity, voluntary, UK and overseas not-for-profit sector
- Charity Job Specialist job site for charity, fundraising, NGO and not-for-profit jobs. Search by keyword, location or job category
- Do-it National database of volunteering opportunities in the UK – find ways to help in your community simply by typing in your postcode and what you would like to volunteer for
- Third Sector Voluntary sector news and jobs including charity finance, fundraising, governance, communications, policy and social enterprise. Search by job function, location or work sector
- Totaljobs Jobs board for charity jobs and not for profit jobs. Search by keyword, location or job type
- Voluntary Sector Jobs Wide range of charity jobs including fundraising, charity marketing, communications and third sector jobs. Browse by job category or location
Get TEFL qualified! Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) not only boosts your CV but allows you to teach, discover new cultures and earn at the same time – with no experience necessary. i-to-i TEFL offers you world renowned training that you can take in a style that suits you:
- Online TEFL courses – Enable you to study at your own pace from anywhere on the planet!
- 20 Hour Weekend Course – Will introduce you to the fundamentals of TEFL. Learn how to manage your classroom, get to practice planning and delivering lessons.
- Combined Courses – Allow you to get a full introduction to Teaching English as a Foreign Language and benefit from both online and classroom-based tuition.
If you ever want to upgrade your training in the future you can build up your hours at your own pace and, like any qualification, the more training you do the better your opportunities.
What next? The world is your oyster! Graduate? Check out the opportunities available to you!