Are you a publication, website, reporter, critic, columnist, broadcaster, photographer or digital or data interactive journalist? Take a look at the Guardian Student Media Awards 2013 as it will give you a chance to win two weeks work experience at the Guardian. You can find a full list of categories, details of how to to enter at www.guardian.co.uk/sma2013.
Closing date: Friday 28 June 2013 for all the categories with the exception of the deadline for the Student Website of the Year which is Friday 7 June 2013.
TfL are looking for developers to design an accessible travel app. Can you create an app offering users real-time information in London? Apply online by Friday 30 August 2013. Remember to read the terms and conditions!
12-13 June 2013
This FREE 2-day programme is designed to help you develop your enterprising skills and features entrepreneurs, inspiring speakers, games and simulations. Network with other students from the seven WestFocus Universities and develop your personal network and skills.
If you can’t make these dates, the programme is running again in September at Kingston University.
For more information and to book your place www.westfocus.org.uk/event.php
in the City of London for full-time undergraduate students or recent graduates of International Relations, Politics and Social Sciences.
An opportunity to participate in Civitatis International’s Global Thinking Summer School, an intensive week of critical thinking on key global concepts of relevance to former Heads of State and the Club of Rome, that promises a unique experience for six selected undergraduates/graduates. The Summer School also includes a class on ‘How to Get a Job in Politics’. Find out more… Limited places for the July Summer School, so apply by 5:00pm, Friday 7 June 2013.
Let’s Talk Africa is a free one-day event aimed at anyone interested in working in Africa, especially working professionals, graduates and final year students. There will be keynote speeches by CEOs and representatives of several major corporations based in Africa.
The theme of the event is “Africa Rising”. This reflects the numerous opportunities created by the current economic climate in Africa. In spite of the global economic downturn, African countries are thriving – for example, seven of the top 12 fastest-growing economies in 2013 are in Africa. Topics include:
- Employment opportunities in key African countries
- Business start-up opportunities
- Moving back home
- Networking for success
Attendance is free of charge but you should register in advance. The programme will run from 11:00-17:00. You can register by visiting:
Part of the MCM London Comic Con
24-26 May 2013
Excel London – Royal Victoria Dock
- Games @ Expo is the place to see and play current and upcoming games
- Comic Villages offers an opportunity to meet comic creators, artists and small press a unique fusion for Comic creators and sequential art goodness with both new and experienced talent
- MCM Fringe Festival
- VidFestUK Do you Love online video, Creators, Viewers, Fans, Bloggers, Web Series of all kinds?
Confessions of the Recruitment Industry – 1 May 2012
Jedi Knight aka Systems Operations? Geek aka Software Development? Hacker aka Consulting?
Check out www.adaptris.com/graduates to find out about the 2013/14 graduate programme, and enter a competition to win a VW Camper Van Tent or £100 Amazon vouchers!
- Interact with employers directly and apply to jobs in the Middle East from anywhere in the world
- Apply on the spot to jobs or just leave CV in “CV drop” corners.
The Middle East Virtual Job Fair from Bayt.com is online from 26-30 May. The Hospitality Virtual Job Fair is accessible from 2-6 June.
If you’re a Graduate looking for a Trainee Recruiter role you may like to attend the Recruitment Careers Expo – 2013
- Thursday 23 May – Manchester – Etihad Stadium
- Thursday 20 June – Bristol – Brunel’s Old Station
- Thursday 18 July – London – Emirates Stadium
- Thursday 12 September – Birmingham – Edgbaston Cricket Ground
- Thursday 10 October – Leeds – Town Hall
- Thursday 7 November – Edinburgh – Murrayfield
Why attend the exhibition?
- This is an opportunity to save time by seeing the recruiting organisations and Rec2Rec’s face-to-face, give them a copy of your CV and discuss current opportunities
- You can also view the vacancies that they are looking to fill (national and international) prior to Expo on the RecruitmentCareersExpo website: you can then book to see the exhibitor on a one-to-one basis to discuss the role in more detail
- Exhibitors will be running seminars throughout the day
May Fayre – a three day training extravaganza for anyone who works or would like to work in the voluntary sector.
-23 May 2013
DSC’s (Directory for Social Change) Charity Centre, London
Choose from over 50 individual training workshops on a range of topics related to for as little as £25 when booking more than 4 workshops! View the session timetables
Take a look at these tips on the CAREEREALISM (US) website.
31 May-2 June 2013
Sywell Aerodrome, Northampton
Find out more. These events give you the chance to make contacts and network.
You are invited to attend a unique job hunting event on Thursday 23 May for final year students and recent graduates. Join us at the Park Campus in Cheltenham for a confidence boosting afternoon of training and encounters which will kick-start your graduate job search.
- Starting with: a free buffet lunch with alumni from University of Gloucestershire – talk to our former graduates about what they have gone on to do
- Continuing with: a series of workshop sessions which will equip you with the know-how you need to job hunt successfully
- Ending with: the opportunity to speed network with a broad range of graduate employers offering real opportunities… (don’t worry, you will get training on how to do this beforehand!)
Book your place at www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/5900694135/website#
- Students with Disabilities: 12 July
- Women in IT: 19 July
- Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic Students: 24 July
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Students: 7 August
- Women: 16 August
- First Year students who want to learn more about the Bank and are interested in applying for the 2014 Internship Programmes: 17 July
Find out more and apply. Closing date 5:00pm, 7 June 2013
P1 Marine Foundation, a UK-based international charity focused on safeguarding and restoring the marine environment, has launched the National Student Awards which recognise and reward students who are working on, or who have developed, an outstanding project in the marine and environmental field with the potential to have a positive and sustainable impact.
The Awards are open to all students and the deadline is 31 July 2013, with winners being announced at an Awards evening in London in October. For more information or to enter please visit: www.p1marinefoundation.com/Awards.ink.